We employ approximately 60 staff across our
sites at Pointes Lane and Bulwer Avenue.
We offer a variety of opportunities for entry level General Operatives, skilled Plant Operators, qualified Drivers and Supervisors/Managers.
We are also committed to the Guernsey Employment Trust Charter, and offer work experience placements to candidates who would like to learn more about our industry before applying for a role.
Whether you start your journey at Island Waste as a new General Operative without any qualifications, or have prior experience and vehicle licenses, we offer a range of training opportunities to enable you to progress your career within our industry, including:
- Training to achieve Forklift, Hiab, Hooklift and Skip Truck licenses
- Training to achieve a Category 6 / HGV driving license
- Apprenticeship programs in partnership with the College of Further Education
- WAMITAB (Waste Management and Recycling) Qualifications at Level 1 – 4
- Other specialist interest, depending on your identified interests and need within the Group
We may be advertising for a position within the wider Guernsey Recycling Group that could be of interest, to find out please visit here.
Technician and Translator
GRG are seeking a skilled and Experienced Technician and Translator to both operate specialist Waste and Recycling Plant and translate health, safety and work instructions into Latvian language.
The Technician/Translator should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in operating and troubleshooting specialist fixed plant including high performance balers and Lidner Shredders, and mobile plant including fork lift trucks, loading shovels, telehandler, 360 excavators and MEWPs. In addition, the Technician/Translator will assist in ensuring sufficient safety control measures are implemented and understood by all Staff, and act as a Fire Marshall and First Aider.
The Technician/Translator will be responsible for inducting new members of Staff and supporting the ongoing training and safe work of our existing teams, communicating as necessary in either English or Latvian. Therefore the Technician/Translator must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Latvian.
For more information please visit our GRG Website.
We are recruiting for a General Operative to join our busy Pointes Lane site.
Island Waste is part of the Guernsey Recycling Group (GRG). GRG is a leading recycling and waste management company, proudly helping local businesses and households to recycle as much as possible.
As islanders are doing an excellent job at recycling their waste, we are looking for a person to join our fantastic team.
The main responsibilities of the General Operative will be:
- Assisting with sorting mixed waste through the yard, either on the materials recovery facility or hand sorting areas as directed by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Communicating effectively with other members of staff via radio, to ensure the health and safety of everyone on site.
- Responsible for assisting in keeping the site clean and tidy.
- All PPE is supplied, and full training will be given on site.
We offer a competitive salary and 21 days holiday. We also offer employee pensions and health insurance upon successful completion of a probation period.
Hours are based on 40 hours per week, over 5 days, 07.00am – 16.00pm Monday to Friday. Some overtime maybe required.
For more information or to apply please send a current CV/Employment History to Zoe Ouseley, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01481 235300 Ext 312.